This month I have been steadily chipping away at this spinning project - a merino/silk blend that I made on my drumcarder. The original colors were very bright and saturated - purple, hot pink, orange, and blue. I added lots of white, and because orange and blue are opposite each other on the color wheel, that brought the blend into a lavender/pink range.
In total, there are about 30 ounces of fiber in this blend, and I estimate that I have about 4 or 5 ounces left to spin. The goal has been to spin at least 4 ounces of fiber each week. Some weeks I just barely cross the finish line, and other weeks, like last week, I manage to do lots more than that, plus ply.
My original plan for this yarn was to make a cabled sweater. When I ply, I'm making 3-ply yarn, which knits up into well-defined cables. From a distance, the colors all blend into a pinkish lavender, but because the yarn is quite variegated, I'm not 100% confident that this yarn will actually end up as a cabled sweater. That's a decision for another day, after all the yarn is spun, finished, and swatched, though!
Ravelry project page here.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies